Suggestion for improving 'flat' sound dynamics

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aneurysm1985

Suggestion for improving 'flat' sound dynamics

Post by aneurysm1985 »

Hi guys,

I have changed from a Windows system, with my preferred audio software being Winamp. I found a great plugin for Winamp called Enhancer 017 which greatly improved the sound dynamics when listening to audio.

Music has had a more 'flat' sound since changing to Linux Mint. Just wondering if anyone could give me tips for similar plugins, etc that can achieve the same effect in Mint? I have moved to a new sound card at the same time as my OS upgrade, however I am still using the same amp/speakers. My audio software in Mint is Exaile, as I prefer its playlist features to the other software I have tried

I have a feeling this 'flat' sound may be bigger than just my audio software, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
alpha1

Re: Suggestion for improving 'flat' sound dynamics

Post by alpha1 »

Any enhancer as such priamrily increases the bass and treble content, while companding the audio signal.
You may have to search for similar plugins ...
aneurysm1985

Post by aneurysm1985 »

Are there any audio equalizers, etc that I should look at for Linux Mint?

I know that after my friend installed Linux Mint for me, he uninstalled Pulse audio, as it was causing problems. How do I tell what I am running instead? Is there anything I can do with that to improve my audio performance?
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

Exaile has a built-in equalizer, surely? Of course if you really like Winamp with Enhancer, there's nothing to stop you running it in Linux Mint, under Wine; it worked more or less perfectly when I tried it.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Strictly speaking there is only one way to actually improve your sound experience:
Get better speakers.
:p

Or try this:
1. Install Audacious
2. Enable Compression plugin
3. Enable the EQ - and play around with it.

Return to “Sound”