Youtube and HDMI sound issues (solved)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mad_Sunday

Youtube and HDMI sound issues (solved)

Post by Mad_Sunday »

Hi, I've just deleted Mint 8, changed my video card and installed Mint 9 (KDE edition). It all went well apart from not having sound in youtube. I did a bit of googling both for Mint 9 and Ubuntu lucid issues about this subject. I also remember having the same problem last time I installed the KDE edition of Mint 8 and gave up (going for Gnome). There are LOTS of reports about having to purge your system of older files etc. I tried this but it made no difference. I then found a few posts referring to general sound issues using HDMI video cards and audio via HDMI. I started doing tests and sure enough I had sound using some players but no sound (playing the same video or audio file) with others. I eventually found some info suggesting that Alsa had not fully configured the sound system, and that installing Pulse Audio would sort the problem out. I installed pulse and now all seems fine. If your having sound issues with flash player (ie youtube) and are using HDMI audio you might want to give this a try.

Cheers, Pete
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Youtube and HDMI sound issues (solved)

Post by Oscar799 »

Glad you found a solution :P

Return to “Sound”