k9copy won't shrink

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
evut

k9copy won't shrink

Post by evut »

Hi, I've had trouble copying a lot of stuff - the files are 50 -70GB. It's just a recent issue, everything was fine before.
I though I might change to the latest version (from 2.3.3 which I have now) but I can't get it through package/software manager and don't know enough to install otherwise. I have Mint Helena.
Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: k9copy won't shrink

Post by DataMan »

Hi, I've had trouble copying a lot of stuff - the files are 50 -70GB.
Are you saying that the resulting iso file from k9copy is 50-70G? ...

Suggest that you re-state your exact problem. Unclear from my vantage point on what your exact difficulty is.

-DataMan
evut

Post by evut »

Hi, sorry if I wasn't clear. Simply put, the program encodes the disc, saves it somewhere and then asks for a blank dvd. At this stage it comes up with an error saying the blank dvd is too small. When you look at the saved files there are 50-70GB.
I had success with DVDshrink yesterday (made iso of the disk with 4.4GB size and then burned with k9copy afterwards because dvd shrink said it needed nero to burn...?). This wasn't too difficult and I was pleased it worked at all but I used to be able to just run k9copy without any fuss.

Sorry about this rubbish description, hope you understand the problem now. Also, no settings were changed in k9copy and I've tried re-installing.
Thanks for helping me.
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

As a first stop, check the settings within k9copy. I believe there is an adjustment for the size of the output iso file. Might just be the "Easy Button".

-DataMan
evut

Post by evut »

There doesn't seem to be anything to adjust the iso size. In configure - DVD I can set the DVD size and this is correct.
I am using DVD Shrink to create the iso now and it works but I really wonder what the problem with k9copy is.
Thanks for your help!
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Try DVD95 instead.
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
evut

Post by evut »

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Return to “Sound”