mplayer firefox plugin

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

mplayer firefox plugin

Postby tsg1zzn on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:24 pm

I want to disable the mplayer plugin for mp3 files, so that they are instead downloaded when I click a link ending in .mp3 or with that mime type. I do not want to disable the mplayer for other file formats. I have tried to uncheck mp3 in the configuration for the mplayer plugin but it doesn't do anything.

How can do this?
tsg1zzn
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mplayer firefox plugin

Postby scorp123 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:44 pm

tsg1zzn wrote:I want to disable the mplayer plugin for mp3 files, so that they are instead downloaded when I click a link ending in .mp3
Why don't you just do a right-click on them and then select "Save Target as ... " ? :wink:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Postby tsg1zzn on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:01 pm

1. Because I NEVER want mplayer to handle it. But several times a day I want to download. So it's a waste to constantly right-click.
2. Half of the links are broken. If I click one of these, I get a 404 error page displayed by Firefox, else it should download (currently it's opened by mplayer). If I use Save Link As then it saves the file even if it's a 404 page. Which is very annoying.
tsg1zzn
Level 1
Level 1

Postby grimdestripador on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:35 pm

There is a web browser that looks and acts like iTunes. Its amazingly great and called songbird. You can get it most easily by installing automatix http://www.getautomatix.com

When you view a page (looks like firefox) it looks at the embed tags of the page and extracts all playable links. It then lists in an iTunes like frame.

Googleseaching i found:
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Negen on Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:31 am

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446

this should do what you want you can select what type of files you want what to open
Negen
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs