Convert asf files into dvd?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sagasha

Post by Sagasha »

How can I convert asf files into a DVD?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

You can't - because you can't convert into a DVD, that's nonsense. DVD is a recording media....
asf is a proprietary Microsoft format that does not specify the codec
This makes me believe that you have to find out what codec has been used and then (try to) convert
It seems that it's mostly WMA and WMN that is used and that's also proprietary Microsoft formats
Some help for these here
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... wma&t=3148
Sagasha

Post by Sagasha »

Husse wrote:
You can't - because you can't convert into a DVD, that's nonsense. DVD is a recording media....
asf is a proprietary Microsoft format that does not specify the codec
This makes me believe that you have to find out what codec has been used and then (try to) convert
It seems that it's mostly WMA and WMN that is used and that's also proprietary Microsoft formats
Some help for these here
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... wma&t=3148
I'm sorry if I did not word my message clearly and it came across as nonsense. I wanted to convert asf files into an iso files, to enable myself to make a dvd.

I was able to achieve this with a program called DeVeDe.

Thank you for your information. I will not post here again, because I do have a terrible time, expressing myself properly.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I will not post here again, because I do have a terrible time, expressing myself properly.
No, no
You are welcome to post - I have an immense patience and in the end we will clear things out
I did not mean to offend you :oops:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Husse wrote: You are welcome to post - I have an immense patience and in the end we will clear things out
I did not mean to offend you :oops:
Well, some people are really 'sensitive' these days, huh? :lol:

Return to “Sound”