Strange message

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
z06gal

Strange message

Post by z06gal »

When I run arista-gtk in terminal, the box comes up for me to choose video, etc. When I hit add to queue, I get this message:

** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)

Does anyone have a clue here what I need to do? I like Arista because it has a Cowon D2 preset. I used it in Mint 8 and 9 and it worked great. I am using Mint 10 32bit now and get this message. I have tried an older version of arista but this comes up every time now. Thanks so much for any help.

Robin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Strange message

Post by willie42 »

hello Robin,

What Version of Mint are you using? are you running 32 bit or 64 bit? More details and I will see what I can find out.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

willie42 wrote:hello Robin,

What Version of Mint are you using? are you running 32 bit or 64 bit? More details and I will see what I can find out.

I'm sorry. I meant to put that in there. I am running Mint 10 32bit. Thank you very much!
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

I see this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/681548 but it is already installed. When I type in arista-gtk that message immediately comes up that made me start this thread. The arista transcoder itself doesn't display anything. it just says "idle" at the bottom. It doesn't gray out or anything so I'm wondering if I don't have everything installed that is needed for arista to work. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Return to “Sound”