X server black screen for full screen flash

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hornedfiend

X server black screen for full screen flash

Post by hornedfiend »

Hi,

I have a Toshiba A300 laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon 3470 video card.
I've recently installed LMDE and customized it a bit and so far I love it, except for this damn issue.
So, I have the latest ati drivers 10.12 installed and enabled desktop compositing (I used Docky).
The problem is that, whenever I try to view a full screen flash video (from any site), my X server crashes with a black screen and the only way to restart it is to reboot the PC.
Could this be a LMDE issue, or a faulty ati driver issue (I know ati aren't the best at this, but Ubuntu seems to work just fine with the same drivers)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hornedfiend

Re: X server black screen for full screen flash

Post by hornedfiend »

Nothing? Is there no one else who gets this issue?
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

This was for Ubuntu, but perhaps it may have an effect.

Try the following in terminal

Code: Select all

sudo mkdir /etc/adobe 
echo "OverrideGPUValidation=true" >~/mms.cfg 
sudo mv ~/mms.cfg /etc/adobe/
From here -> http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/11/fix- ... -full.html
reffu

Post by reffu »

I have the same issue. I remember seeing that a workaround was to right click on the video, go to flash player settings and disable hardware acceleration. Of course the downside of this is that you lose hardware acceleration but its how you get full screen flash back.
revinary

Post by revinary »

Hi all,

I have the same issue. Windowed Flash works fine (with and without HW acceleration).

When I switch to fullscreen mode, however, the screen goes blank and the first 1 or 2 rows of pixels of the screen show corrupted flickering.

Switching to a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + F#) doesen't help either. It seems, though, that everything continues to run just fine - I just can't see.

I'm running Mint Debian Edition (64bit kernel, 64bit flash), latest ATI drivers (prop.).

Any clues?

.rev

Return to “Sound”