Convert avi + subtitles file > avi with subtitles hardcoded.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chris_debian

Convert avi + subtitles file > avi with subtitles hardcoded.

Post by chris_debian »

Hi,

I have an avi file that has a .srt subtitle file associated with it. I'd like to convert these two files so that the avi file can be used by itself and the subtitles still appear. If I can do this, I can transfer the film to my portable multimedia device. Does anyone know a tool that can do this?

Many thanks,

Chris.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: Convert avi + subtitles file > avi with subtitles hardco

Post by oobetimer »

chris_debian wrote:Hi,

I have an avi file that has a .srt subtitle file associated with it. I'd like to convert these two files so that the avi file can be used by itself and the subtitles still appear. If I can do this, I can transfer the film to my portable multimedia device. Does anyone know a tool that can do this?

Many thanks,

Chris.
Click the pictures and watch the videos .. :D

chris_debian

Post by chris_debian »

Many thanks, oobetimer!

I have just watched the first video and am now converting my two files into one; hopefully it will work... if it doesn't it is something I’ve done wrong.

After eleven years of using GNU/ Linux, I never fail to be surprised at how flexible and accomplished it is.

Chris.
chris_debian

Post by chris_debian »

After two attempts and following the first video, step-by-step, I unfortunately have to report that I still don't have any subtitles. I'll keep trying.

Chris.

Return to “Sound”