Ripping CD and importing to android (in correct order)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andimint

Ripping CD and importing to android (in correct order)

Post by andimint »

Hello, every time I rip one of my CDs (e.g. with Sound Juicer) and copy it to the sd-card auf my Samsung Galaxy Ace (Android) the Album - Artist is not recognized (my mobile music player puts the files to the directory "unknown artist") and - whats even worse - the tracklist order is completely wrong.

Since i had alway problems doing that on linux systems i should use itunes via wine ( cause with itunes on windows everything works perfect) but itunes doesnt recognize my cd-drive (maybe the path is wrong in the winecfg). on the other hand i cannot find out the path via /etc/fstab because there is no cdrom entry, although the cd is mounted correctly (e.g.it is shown on my desktop, in rythmbox etc.)

so what can I do? please help somebody!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: Ripping CD and importing to android (in correct order)

Post by MaddogF16 »

What format does the Galaxy Ace use? What format are you ripping them into?
andimint

Post by andimint »

im ripping in mp4/aac-the standard itunes format and the smartphone gets along with it very well. I think it has something to do with the way linux entitles the tracks since in itunes its for example 01 Hey Jude and in in linux its 01 - Hey Jude. its not possible to change it in linux THIS way. anyway this wouldnt solve the "unknown artist " problem...
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Is sound juicer set to copy any meta data with the tracks.
andimint

Post by andimint »

i am not sure, cannot see an option in the preferences for that...
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

As another option, you may want to take a peek at Asunder. I can't speak specifically about mp4 output in Asunder as I'm going simultaneous flac and mp3. For me, Asunder has proven to be more capable that Sound Juicer.

- DataMan
andimint

Post by andimint »

thanks for your replies. i have found out that banshee works good for me (with ogg)!

Return to “Sound”