Choppy Youtube/Flash video playback (1080p) ruins my experie

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
digitalcrow

Choppy Youtube/Flash video playback (1080p) ruins my experie

Post by digitalcrow »

Choppy Youtube/Flash video playback (1080p) ruins my experience.
Why is that ? I have tested ubuntu 11.4 64bit and this doesn't happen !!
I have installed the nvidia binary driver cause it works perfect in ubuntu that i have tested , i dont know what seems to be the problem.
Please help me if you can.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AdamS

Re: Choppy Youtube/Flash video playback (1080p) ruins my exp

Post by AdamS »

flash version installed and what browser is used ?

all updates installed ?

same system works with 11.04 natty in 1080p ?
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:flash version installed and what browser is used ?

all updates installed ?

same system works with 11.04 natty in 1080p ?
all updates installed , i've tested it on chrome and firefox also vlc video playback is choppy and ruined.
I dont know confused it needs to be configured.
on ubuntu 11.4 64bit (on the same machine) it had perfect video and flash playback but the system was slow anyway because it was bloated with stuff. Youtube and mkv video playback was very good.

I will wait for your replies but i dont see any other solution than to install ubuntu 64bit and i dont want it cause linux mint is very fast and responsible , i wish i knew what was happened with the video playback.

I tried to test with vsync at compizsettings , at nvidia-config etc etc nothing worked. I tried everything without any luck at all.
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

There is always solutions.

normally easy solutions.

First, paint me a picture. Open synaptic package manager. Type in flash and screen shot the version installed and used please.

NEXT if your running nvidia, do the same and type in nvidia and screen shot the drivers used please.

if intel type in intel

if ATI type in FGLRX .
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

I hope it will eventually work cause im not patient.
i deleted compiz and tried again without any luck.
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

Link me a video you watch in 1080p please.

also, what GPU is it your using ?

what you just showed me is drivers and flash version is the SAME as that being used in natty 11.04.

In fact the only thing that is NOT the same is the kernel.
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

In ubuntu 11.04 after i install the binary driver 1080p video playback is flawless ! 100% perfect (if i use the propriety driver that ubuntu suggest me at hardware drivers then it wont work completely and the video will be choppy)
Right now the video is choppy either on flash or on mkv player etc
Dont know why? maybe the driver is not good?

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:Link me a video you watch in 1080p please.

also, what GPU is it your using ?

what you just showed me is drivers and flash version is the SAME as that being used in natty 11.04.

In fact the only thing that is NOT the same is the kernel.
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

not what I asked bud.
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

Agree with GLR, in that having the latest flash couldn't hurt.

Not going to spend all that much time personally trying to help ya sort it out. Nothing some googling and experimentation can't do for ya. But did want to post a link which makes it easy to identify what version a person is using of flashplayer and what the latest version for their OS is. Using the adobe test site.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

The particulars about updating to latest adobe flashplayer and/or video drivers are yours to enjoy. Shouldn't be all that difficult. If ya like Linux Mint enough sure it won't be too much trouble to research and apply whatcha find on those topics. Same thing goes for kernel upgrade or whatever. Not like the information related to that isn't already detailed 4 million places online any way.
LeeS

Post by LeeS »

I'm not an expert, but could it be that one flash package is conflicting with the other? I only have "mint flashplugin" and "mint flashplugin square." I don't have "flash plugin nonfree."
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

well just watched several HD flash videos on linux mint 11 on cbs etc.

All played smooth, even on my netbook lol.

I know it isn't mint, My first thought would be flash or gpu drivers.
I don't have "flash plugin nonfree."
dido
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

And its not only flash video , it can't play other hd videos as well, with players like vlc etc
Ubuntu 11.4 64bit works fine IF i install the binary driver but ubuntu 11.4 is so slow and get into my nerves , i dont know what @#@# they dropped into that and became so slow, linux mint is so cool compared to ubuntu.
Maybe if i tried the 64bit version of linux mint could solve this problem.
If you ask me the video playback seems like it has almost no acceleration at all? or at least not accelerated as it should.
Maybe its something to do with my graphic card's shared memory ? the linux mint at 32bit runs with pae enabled kernel and shows me that i have about 3,6? gbytes ram installed.
I believe that probably would be a silly fault because i've tested lubuntu on 32bit too and i can play video nice as far as i had tested, the strange with lubuntu was that at firefox flash playback was choppy but on chromium i had perfect video playback.

Guess my machine is not made for linux maybe i should move on and forget the whole opensource thing.

I have another question , if i want to make a movie from photos and i want to add some 3dtitles or simple titles animated , how i can do that? i tried openshot and takes too long to render 3d titles with blender the delay is not reasonable, is there any other way to do that?

Also i wonder why there is a rapid web design software for linux ? it could help a lot of people , or at least why they make some good templates for kompozer to have an easy way to start.
Linux programmers should do something about the lack of software.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Have you tried flash-aid? I use Chromium and Firefox and it works for both.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... flash-aid/
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

digitalcrow wrote:And its not only flash video , it can't play other hd videos as well, with players like vlc etc
Ubuntu 11.4 64bit works fine IF i install the binary driver but ubuntu 11.4 is so slow and get into my nerves , i dont know what @#@# they dropped into that and became so slow, linux mint is so cool compared to ubuntu.
Maybe if i tried the 64bit version of linux mint could solve this problem.
If you ask me the video playback seems like it has almost no acceleration at all? or at least not accelerated as it should.
Maybe its something to do with my graphic card's shared memory ? the linux mint at 32bit runs with pae enabled kernel and shows me that i have about 3,6? gbytes ram installed.
I believe that probably would be a silly fault because i've tested lubuntu on 32bit too and i can play video nice as far as i had tested, the strange with lubuntu was that at firefox flash playback was choppy but on chromium i had perfect video playback.

Guess my machine is not made for linux maybe i should move on and forget the whole opensource thing.

I have another question , if i want to make a movie from photos and i want to add some 3dtitles or simple titles animated , how i can do that? i tried openshot and takes too long to render 3d titles with blender the delay is not reasonable, is there any other way to do that?

Also i wonder why there is a rapid web design software for linux ? it could help a lot of people , or at least why they make some good templates for kompozer to have an easy way to start.
Linux programmers should do something about the lack of software.
something not right, all 4 of my systems using mint 11 play all HD video's I throw at it.

this is the ONLY flash items I have installed.
Screenshot-9.png
You have way more, thus what I think to be the problem.
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

Adobe flash square? So you have the 64bit version of linux mint.
AdamS

Post by AdamS »

correct
Screenshot-17.png
KremX

Post by KremX »

inspiron 1720 core2duo@ 2gig +nvidia 8600gt@275.09.07 +kernel 3.0+ pimpedup x64 mint11
right, that's what i did: using 32bit flash. uninstall all of them flashes from synaptic. download most recent flash archive eg.: 10.3.181.26 32bit. unpack contents to desktop then move/merge (need admin rights...) into system folderz (flash lib itself to usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so) then ( nspluginwrapper+dependences ofkorz has tobe installed) terminal: :arrow: " sudo nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so " and 64 bit vdpau (yr nv driver version may be different if so use https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+arc ... 5&batch=75 ppa) symlinked for 32 bit use: :arrow: " sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/nvidia-current/vdpau/libvdpau.so.275.09.07 /usr/lib32/libvdpau.so " should make it . to watch videos offline select vdpau driver in player (UMPlayer for instance) check if it works: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flas ... ve-player/ (stage video : true) easy innit :wink:
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

Right now i'm downloading the 64bit version.
I hope it wouλd work.

Also i would like to ask if there is an easy way to make a video from photos and text titles, openshot takes too long to create 3d text titles with the help of blender , dont know why it takes so much.

I will install it and test it and i will tell you more.
digitalcrow

Finally it worked ! i've installed 64bit linux mint with nvi

Post by digitalcrow »

Finally it worked ! i've installed 64bit linux mint with nvidia binary 64bit and 1080p mkv playback is 100% perfect ,
also 1080p flash video playback has been fixed too , i have two packages of flash installed the square and the a metapackage of flash.
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

Also i changed pulseaudio sampling rate to 48000 and i've noticed a certain quality improvement !!

Return to “Sound”