Does mint change hardware settings?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johnrey

Does mint change hardware settings?

Post by johnrey »

i have a new laptop panasonic CF-W8, and I installed XP first. The speaker works fine until i install mint 11 on it recently. i can hear voice from my headphone but the speaker just doesn't work when i pull the headphone out. the more strange thing is the speaker won't work under windows XP either now. so i think it's a hardware issue.

tried every items in sound preferences, the problem doesn't solve.
look up in BIOS, can't find any settings.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Does mint change hardware settings?

Post by richyrich »

Click the speaker icon in the panel, choose/click Sound Preferences . . . anything in there to help you ?

EDIT . . is this a mint4win install ?
johnrey

Post by johnrey »

richyrich wrote:Click the speaker icon in the panel, choose/click Sound Preferences . . . anything in there to help you ?

EDIT . . is this a mint4win install ?
yes, i have tried every choice under Sound Preferences, below are my settings.
hardware:profile:analog stereo duplex,
output:analog output.
the other choice worked even worse.

i installed mint 11 and windows XP on the different partitions. so they operate independently.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Post back the output from this terminal command :

Code: Select all

inxi -A
wooley

Post by wooley »

if it also doesnt work on windows,its probably a hardware problem.most likely the audio plug...
it has a switch to change between headset and internal speaker.
probably its broken.try to insert speakers or headphone.if that works its the contact.
suc6

Return to “Sound”