Amarok OK .. exaile/listen/songbird not OK ??

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Amarok OK .. exaile/listen/songbird not OK ??

Postby Pikey on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:15 pm

I'm using the latest Daryna with E17 desktop/WM, and everything is working very well !
I thought I'd try out a few alternative music players to see how they compare to amaroK and XMMS which both work OK .. unfortunately none of the others I try work !!
I installed with Synaptic, which includes all the necessary other bits and as far as I can tell they installed just fine .. I even switched back to gnome just to see if it that cured the problem, but no luck.
So I'm back to amaroK which still works good .. I would like to switch to exaile though (if I can get it going!)
Any ideas whats wrong folks ? .. thanks for any help ...
Pikey
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Amarok OK .. exaile/listen/songbird not OK ??

Postby molom on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:44 pm

Pikey wrote:I'm using the latest Daryna with E17 desktop/WM, and everything is working very well !
I thought I'd try out a few alternative music players to see how they compare to amaroK and XMMS which both work OK .. unfortunately none of the others I try work !!
I installed with Synaptic, which includes all the necessary other bits and as far as I can tell they installed just fine .. I even switched back to gnome just to see if it that cured the problem, but no luck.
So I'm back to amaroK which still works good .. I would like to switch to exaile though (if I can get it going!)
Any ideas whats wrong folks ? .. thanks for any help ...

I've had the same problem when installing songbird on Xubuntu. It worked, but it couldn't play any music, which was its main purpose. I don't know how to fix it. Although Amarok worked perfectly.

Edit

I think I found out how to install songbird properly. Use this link ( http://www.getdeb.net/search.php?keywords=songbird ) After installing it crashes like 2 times, but after that it works perfectly.
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Acid7711 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:44 am

Just a shot in the dark because I know nothing of any player besides Amarok, but check to see that the correct engines are installed and configured/working properly. I know Xine is the one usually used in Amarok. Just a thought.
Acid7711
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Pikey on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:26 pm

I got exaile working ! .. more here ... viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7880

Thanks guys ...
Pikey
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs