Global sound Equalizer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ninethousandbits
Level 1
Level 1

Global sound Equalizer

Post by Ninethousandbits »

Update: Here is what worked for me:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-equalizer
Hopefully this will save a few people the headache I went through.

Hey guys, I finally made the decision to completely migrate to Linux mint. I'm getting everything set up the way I like it piece by piece , but right now I'm stuck. I spent some time looking around linux mint 11 for the settings menu for a Global Equalizer, and then I came to the conclusion there isn't any! I searched up past threads on the the subject, but they all turned out to not work for me. One thread suggested adding a ppa from ubuntu 10.10 , and that didn't work either.

Right now I'm on my Hp Pavilion Dv7 and the sound coming out is awfully muffled. At least my built in subwoofer is working, but this is still a problem. Any ideas? Is there anyway to get the Equalizer from ubuntu into linux mint 11?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ninethousandbits
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Global sound Equalizer

I might have a solution. Doing this : http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/ ... lucid-lynx worked on my linux mint 11, at least to the point of being able to install and launch the EQ. I haven't actually tried to see if it works though.
Ninethousandbits
Level 1
Level 1

Just thought I would pop in and let everyone know it worked.
bismarket

Post by bismarket »

Just a quick thanx for the help, just followed the directions & it worked like a charm. I could kick myself for being so scared of linux. I've been using it (Mint) exclusively now for about 3months, don't like Cinnamon so am sticking with 11 (for now) & almost every time i come across something i don't know, i am able to fix in about 5mins easily. Must say the community here is very impressive. Thanx guys!
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea this package was available in the Webupd8 PPA, and I have been using that PPA for a couple of years now. I decent universal EQ has been on my lists of wants for years, so finding this thread made my morning. :D

Edit: Well I spoke too soon. It installed fine, but when I enable it my sound gets really messed up. I'm running Mint 13 Cinnamon 64 bit. If I figure out the issue I'll post back, and if anyone else has a fix please post as well.

Return to “Sound”