streaming NBC and ABC shows

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kommy000

streaming NBC and ABC shows

Post by Kommy000 »

Again, im a newb to linux mint. Built a Home theatre PC and put mint 4.0 gnome edition. Love it so far, just some minor problems here and there that I managed to solve thanks to this forums.
On my windows box i usually watch my favorite shows Like Lost, Pushing daisies, Life on NBC and ABC. Well there is a new season coming up on ABC.
I have no problems using firefox with NBC shows, they just stream easy just like on windows box. Problem i'm having is ABC. I guess they use their own player? it usually installs on IE automatically. When i click on launch player on their website it tells me that it only for IE or firefox/mac. So I do not know if it detects linux OS and just refuse install it on firefox?
Just wondering if anybody had that problem and if there is a workaround around it. Again, everything else, llike youtube, streaming nbc shows work fine, its just damn ABC stuff. I even installed Miro, hoping they got some kind of streaming abc thingy, but I do not see it, so I guess its not available.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: streaming NBC and ABC shows

Post by Husse »

When I try ABC video nothing happens....
They must use something obscure, could be active x ...
Or it's some outside the US blocking...
Husse

Re: streaming NBC and ABC shows

Post by Husse »

@ micpet
You're in the US I'm outside :)
I think you interpreted me the wrong way :)

Return to “Sound”