Totem can't reposition during MP3 playback?

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Totem can't reposition during MP3 playback?

Postby HankB on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:52 am

While playing MP3s using Totem I cannot reposition within the playback. All I can do is pause, resume and restart. What am I missing? This seems like pretty basic functionality. In the distant past this worked without any drama.

I'm trying to reposition by clicking on the progress bar near the bottom of the display. Or pressing the left/right keys. Or dragging the 'present position' nub on the progress bar. None seem to work.

Linux Mint 11 (Gnome desktop)
Totem 2.32.0
GStreamer 0.10.32

thanks,
hank
HankB
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Totem can't reposition during MP3 playback?

Postby motoperpetuo on Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm

i've got the same problem on mint 11. disappointing that no one has come up with a solution yet. i'm able to reposition fine in gnome mplayer, banshee, and vlc, but i wish i had the simplicity of the totem interface.
Singing is a trick to make people listen to music for longer than they normally would.
motoperpetuo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Totem can't reposition during MP3 playback?

Postby motoperpetuo on Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 pm

weird. it seems to be working now. all i did was install all the totem packages in synaptic with the little sun icons next to them (not sure what those sun icons mean), except for the dbg packages. at first it made no difference, but after restarting totem, this seems to be fixed. hopefully it stays that way.
Singing is a trick to make people listen to music for longer than they normally would.
motoperpetuo
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs