Video glitch problem

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Video glitch problem

Postby ignign0kt on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:09 am

I am playing an xvid video, and when there's movement, there are moving horizontal lines that move up and down the video. I've tried different players and it's the same thing. De-interlacing filters also do not work. Used Envy to install video drivers (nvidia). I'm using Compiz. I don't know what else to try to do to fix this. It's really annoying.
ignign0kt
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Video glitch problem

Postby Husse on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:15 am

I've looked for solutions several times, but no luck. Few hits and even fewer useful ones.
Can you convert the xvid?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Video glitch problem

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:51 am

ignign0kt wrote:I am playing an xvid video, and when there's movement, there are moving horizontal lines that move up and down the video. I've tried different players and it's the same thing. De-interlacing filters also do not work. Used Envy to install video drivers (nvidia). I'm using Compiz. I don't know what else to try to do to fix this. It's really annoying.

have you tried not using compiz? i had all sorts of problems which all mysteriously disappeared when i removed compiz - although i have an ati card which is notorious for having problems with compiz. worth a try though. never really thought compiz was worth all the trouble anyway.

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs