Video glitch problem

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ignign0kt

Video glitch problem

Post by ignign0kt »

I am playing an xvid video, and when there's movement, there are moving horizontal lines that move up and down the video. I've tried different players and it's the same thing. De-interlacing filters also do not work. Used Envy to install video drivers (nvidia). I'm using Compiz. I don't know what else to try to do to fix this. It's really annoying.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Video glitch problem

Post by Husse »

I've looked for solutions several times, but no luck. Few hits and even fewer useful ones.
Can you convert the xvid?

Re: Video glitch problem

Post by Guest »

ignign0kt wrote:I am playing an xvid video, and when there's movement, there are moving horizontal lines that move up and down the video. I've tried different players and it's the same thing. De-interlacing filters also do not work. Used Envy to install video drivers (nvidia). I'm using Compiz. I don't know what else to try to do to fix this. It's really annoying.
have you tried not using compiz? i had all sorts of problems which all mysteriously disappeared when i removed compiz - although i have an ati card which is notorious for having problems with compiz. worth a try though. never really thought compiz was worth all the trouble anyway.

Return to “Sound”