A Plea for LVM, willing to sacrafice

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

A Plea for LVM, willing to sacrafice

Postby grimdestripador on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Where do i go to research how to, for example. Add LVM support to Linux Mint iso or Linux Mint Bootable USB. I can make the bootable USB just fine. I already have multiple controllers successful using LVM RAID and would like to set my "/" to a LVM partition like ubuntualternative or pclinuxos07 easily has in their install process. If I want to Install Linux Mint from the Pendrive onto a LVM RAID (I know about using non LVM boot disk). Where do i add the packages. I suggest to myself that I need to modify the iso before copying it over. What effect will this have on the installer. Where is the documentation of how this works (CS student), If i copy the .deb package over, I still need to install it at runtime. Which I assume breaks your installer. Am I correct that I am not allowed to install Apps before Installing. Why Can't someone just release Linux Mint with LVM support. Its quite small.

Or am I just fretting and should really just try to istall LVM at boot from CD, then hope everything goes fine.
Ohh, and is there some formula so I can understand GRUB disk label to linux /dev/sda4 style.

Cheers
grimdestripaodr
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: A Plea for LVM, willing to sacrafice

Postby grimdestripador on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:40 am

Is it plausable to install ubuntu alternative. or ubuntu server then load mint-desktop package from your repository.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Hardware Support