I want to build a:
- kitchen touchscreen computer
- hook up to a home server
- store the box in extra cupboard space
- touchscreen monitor mounted on a retractable, pivoting arm to better position it when using and keep out of the way when not.
- recipe management
- list making
- streaming video
- streaming audio
- view slide shows
- Google chat
Anybody have experience with the Optiplex 745? or the Optiplex 755? Wondering how Mint (or other Linux distros) works on these platforms and if one is smoother than the other.
Will *definitely* get a dual core CPU, no Pentium D power/heat hog.
Dell Optiplex 745
- Intel® Q965 (ICH8) Express Chipset
- Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo 1066MHz FSB Socket T with Dual Core technology XD, EM64T, 2MB and up to 4MB L2 cache, EIST and VT (E6000 series)
- integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 (no "x" in the title as in "x3000" this is just "3000")
- Intel® Q35 Express Chipset (ICH9DO)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Processor (2.2GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB)
- integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (no "x" in the title as in "x3100" this is just "3100")
Thank you in advance!