Recomend a motherboard.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Recomend a motherboard.

Post by exploder »

I am trying to replace a damaged motherboard in an HP computer I bought last year. The HP board that the system came with costs $200.00 and is out of my budget. I want to salvage everything I can so I want to reuse the HP case. The motherboard the pc came with is a Mini ATX and had onboard everything. Here is a list of things I have to work with.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4
512 nb DDR 2 x 2
250 GB SATA HD
DVD-RW Combo drive

I found this but do not know if it is compatible with Mint.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813135064

I haven't bought any new hardware in a long time. The HP was the first pc that I did not build myself, bad decision on my part...
My main concerns are cost and compatibility. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: Recomend a motherboard.

Post by Fred »

exploder,

This could be a show stopper, or at least a pain in the neck, until the 2.6.24 kernels become more mainstream. 2.6.24 has the new opensource drivers in it.
Onboard LAN
LAN Chipset ATHEROS AR8012
I'll look back at some of the systems I have built and see if I have any better ideas. The last couple boxes I built have used the ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition with AMD cpu. No problems except the sensor firmware and Linux didn't want to communicate. Of course that doesn't help you much.

I'll get back to you.

Fred
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Recomend a motherboard.

Post by exploder »

Thanks Fred!

Return to “Hardware Support”