ASUS Eee PC

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

ASUS Eee PC

Postby Nerdboy on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:58 am

Ok i bought one, love it, its like a babeeeeee, haha. Well what do you think i was going do do first? Windows SIF , like i have already said i love the Linux mint so i upgraded the OS on the second night, I'll let you all know how it goes

Just doing the install now, god love its little heart

bit of mucking around finding an old optical drive and $30 to buy an IDE-SATA-PATA connector that plugs into it but it will be so worth it

just hop i can get the wireless working :)

fingers crossed from the noob

Daz
Nerdboy
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: ASUS Eee PC

Postby Luke Seubert on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:20 am

Greetings Daz,

The following link to information about the ubuntu-eee script should help you out with your Mint installation, including help with WiFi. Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Luke Seubert

http://ubuntu-eee.tuxfamily.org/index.php5?title=How_to_use_the_ubuntu-eee_script
Luke Seubert
Level 1
Level 1

Postby miket on Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:47 am

So ... how did it go ? Or is it still going ?

I'm also toying with getting one of these so do please update us all !

Mike.
http://www.avanceit.co.uk

Nerdboy wrote:Ok i bought one, love it, its like a babeeeeee, haha. Well what do you think i was going do do first? Windows SIF , like i have already said i love the Linux mint so i upgraded the OS on the second night, I'll let you all know how it goes
Just doing the install now, god love its little heart
bit of mucking around finding an old optical drive and $30 to buy an IDE-SATA-PATA connector that plugs into it but it will be so worth it
just hop i can get the wireless working :)
fingers crossed from the noob

Daz
miket
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Nerdboy on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:05 am

:D

wow sorry everyone, i have been so busy lately, well the good news is, it just works. its brilliant and thanks for the link on the wireless (truth be known i am no Linux guru so i gave the pc to a mate in a linux club with the URL and he got it running)

apart from a small gripe with the screen resolution and having to drag windows that don't quite fit, it perfect.

i did have to stop using the tasty menu but as it scrolled a little to far across its tiny screen, so i just used the standard menu.

i love it on the train for video play back its great and i upgraded the ram as well.

highly recommend one of these little machines if your after a travel companion and a light laptop solution.

take care all

Daz
Nerdboy
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support