Sound--Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TCTopCat

Sound--Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family

Post by TCTopCat »

Hey, as can be observed from a quick (or indeed a long ... ) google search; audio driver problems are not rare and their solutions are far from uniform or obvious.

The Problem:

The user hears no audio from the system. Previously, the audio could be heard by using the headphone socket or across the HDMI connection, but tinkering has stopped even this.

The Hardware:

The system is using the Linux Mint 14 Release Candidate, but the problem was present in the latest stable build of Linux Mint 13. The system itself is a Dell Inspiron 15z ultrabook.

Code: Select all

uname -a
reveals:

Linux Baldrick 3.5.0-18-generic #29-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 19 10:26:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
where Baldrick is of course the name of the computer ...

lspci | grep -i "audio"
reveals:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

aplay -l
reveals:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Nothing is muted in alsamixer.

I've tried more things than I can remember to put down, so I'm more than willing to answer any clarifying questions.

Any insights/suggestions/comments will be greatly appreciated :-).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Audio--Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Fa

Post by remoulder »

Discussion of Mint 14 RC issues is requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
TCTopCat

Post by TCTopCat »

Hey thanks, I'll post a comment. I could still do with a hand though as this was a problem in the latest build of Linux Mint13 as is one of the reasons that I was so quick to try it.
TCTopCat

Post by TCTopCat »

As Linux Mint 14 is no longer a release candidate, I was wondering if anyone could give some pointers please?

Return to “Hardware Support”