iPod shuffle not working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: iPod shuffle not working

Post by Husse »

Elementary, my dear Watson :)
You have
DANTE'S IPO
and to my knowledge ' is a reserved/forbidden character in bash (the language for the terminal)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

If you still have Windows do an iPod restore and rename it.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

The mac would have formated it to the HFS+ filesystem. I'm unsure if linux can recognize this, it couldn't when I started. Probably want to find a windows computer (I never thought I would say that....)
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

Give this a shot. I haven't tried it before.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnupod/gnupod.html#SEC6
Husse

Post by Husse »

I answered this without noticing that it's posted in the General Questions section
On top of the pages ther you find a red "banner" with the text
Forum rules
For support questions please post in the "Support" section.
Topic moved (Thought it was the nwebie section probably)
rhvkl

Post by rhvkl »

Workin with Shuffle, no probs, recognized corret (already) on installation.
If the _'_Character wasn't the problem, perhaps the firmware from your IPod is outdated? I guess I use the 1.04 updated with ITunes in April. Usin Mint 4.0. Filesystem is FAT formatted with Windows iTunes.

Note: http://sourceforge.net/projects/shuffle-db/ ... for building a database with python (no itunes needed)
lepricon123

Post by lepricon123 »

elenax wrote:How to empty an ipod while keeping my purchased songs on i tune? I have a ipod touch and i am planning to sell it. The problem is that i want to give the buyer an empty ipod, but i still want to keep my songs so i can put it in to my new ipod. Is that possible? Thanks.
[spam links removed/Husse]
well i know for a fact, that if you're using windows, you can open control panel, go to folder options, then chose show hiden folders, go to your ipod directory, and then copy the ipod control from there. It's the only way i know of. :D i don't know about in mint though, i don't think that rythmbox works with ipod touches, i've never used one. =/

Return to “Hardware Support”