Scrolling wheel not working (Qpad 5k)

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Scrolling wheel not working (Qpad 5k)

Postby Holograph on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi.

I have an installation of Linux Mint 14.1 Cinnamon running in Hyper-V on my Windows 8 Machine. There's one big problem though; the scrolling wheel is not working. No response. Is there any way to debug the mouse input? I can't find any Linux compatible drivers for the mouse.

Thanks,
Erik
Holograph
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Scrolling wheel not working (Qpad 5k)

Postby SilverNexus on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Holograph wrote:I can't find any Linux compatible drivers for the mouse.

Usually Linux comes with x.org drivers for mice, keyboards, displays, and the like.

One question, though: Can the scroll wheel be used as a button and be recognized (if it does have button functionality)?
If it can, your mouse may be being detected as a three-button mouse without a scrolling wheel. If it can't, then it may be being detected as a two-button mouse.

This could be the mouse being improperly detected by either Linux Mint or Hyper-V. As I am not familiar with Hyper-V, and am not experiencing scroll-wheel difficulties, I'm afraid that's all the advice I can give, other than make sure the mouse does not have anything (dirt, etc.) interfering with the scroll-wheel input.
They say that a three-year old can use Windows 8. I say that's a bit of a regression. When I was three, I could use DOS.

A computer without Windows is like a fish without a bicycle.
SilverNexus
Level 3
Level 3

Location: Somewhere between reality and my own mind's fantasy.

Re: Scrolling wheel not working (Qpad 5k)

Postby wgking on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:45 am

I am having this issue too. Looks like the wheel is not recognized at all - acts like a 2 button mouse. Works on the Windows host tho ...
wgking
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support