Atheros Gigabit Ethernet Driver

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Atheros Gigabit Ethernet Driver

Postby High_Seraphim on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 pm

I have an Atheros Ethernet chip on a Gigabyte motherboard.
I have seen a few forum pages about this around and I've tried to work through some things. I've detailed it out below.

I don't think that I want to go the kernal update route because I don't want to be on an old kernal if I don't have to. Am I thinking about this wrong?

I particularly feel that this is the wrong path to go down because I found these drivers that can be installed. However, I can't seem to get these divers installed. (See Below)

1. (First attempt)
I installed the compat-wireless-3.6.8-1-snpc drivers.
I now show "Qualcomm Atheros Gigabit Ethernet Driver" in my Additional Drivers Page.
However, it's not showing up in my Network Interfaces page. The loopback, and my wireless adapter is showing.

2. (These wouldn't 'Make')
I downloaded the ompat-wireless-2012-05-10-p driver that I found on another forum page.
I got some issues while trying to make. I'll post where the issues started popping up.
Code: Select all
In function ‘rfcomm_tty_open’:
/home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/tty.c:713:3: error: too many arguments to function ‘tty_unlock’
In file included from /home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/tty.c:30:0:
include/linux/tty.h:609:24: note: declared here
/home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/tty.c:715:3: error: too many arguments to function ‘tty_lock’
In file included from /home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/tty.c:30:0:
include/linux/tty.h:608:24: note: declared here
make[4]: *** [/home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/tty.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [/home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p/net/bluetooth/rfcomm] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p/net/bluetooth] Error 2
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/curtis/Downloads/compat-wireless-2012-05-10-p] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.5.0-17-generic'
make: *** [modules] Error 2
High_Seraphim
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Hardware Support