(Mint13 Xfce) Set monitor display position?

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

(Mint13 Xfce) Set monitor display position?

Postby misce on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Running Linux Mint13 Xfce. There's a little strip of black space on the left side of my display/monitor, using this monior.

This is not a Linux/Mint/Xfce problem, since this is the default setting of the monitor (can't change default settings, either). i.e., when my computer starts up and the bios screen loads, it is off-center (strip of black on left) - but it automatically fixes itself (centers). In between the bios screen and my Windows login prompt (dualbooting), it un-centers itself... but, again, automatically re-centers itself.

>>>>>How do I make this automatic centering happen?<<<<< I thought I can do it by simply editing the Xfce Settings Editor settings (http://i.imgur.com/rqYkL.png middle right), but for some reason that does absolutely nothing (?)(I've restarted, still nothing).

I can fix the display by manually adjusting the monitor's settings through the physical menu, but I don't want to do this countless times a day (in fact, I don't - I live with not being able to see a sliver of the display on the right side). The reason this even happens is when the monitor goes nonphysically-off/"No Signal" - which I do via a command initiating xscreensaver whenever I step away from my computer - the monitor reverts back to its "default display/monitor settings."
misce
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Hardware Support