ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Driver not working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jujare

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Driver not working

Post by jujare »

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to Linux mint 14 and I tried to install inactive proprietary graphics card drivers in the 'Additional Drivers' section.
snapshot1.png
1. The first driver 'ATI fire GL' seems to be activated but not currently in use as it can be seen from the snapshot.
Question -> How can I make this driver to be use ??

2. The second driver 'Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators' was deactivated. So, I installed it but when I restart the system it again shows that the driver is deactivated. It does not seem to be activated properly in the first place though it says that the driver will be activated after the system restart.
Question -> How can I activate this driver properly ??

Below is the command output which would give the details of the graphic cards present in my laptop.

$ inxi -Gx
Graphics: Card-1: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Manhattan [Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series] bus-ID: 01:00.0
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1366x768@59.6hz
GLX Renderer: N/A GLX Version: N/A Direct Rendering: N/A

By the way, when ever I start my linux, the fan spins at fast speed and I dont think that I am using the ATI graphics card at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you :)

Regards,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Driver not working

Post by jungle_boy »

You are using Intel driver; go to synaptic and remove it, reboot and see what happens.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon

Return to “Hardware Support”