[SOLVED] Video Problems in Standby w/ Open Source DriveR

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tealequation25

[SOLVED] Video Problems in Standby w/ Open Source DriveR

Post by tealequation25 »

Hello all, recently have been having some problems with the Nvidia drivers on my laptop. Whenever the laptop lid is closed and is then awoken by opening the lid again the system displays a flashing underscore in the top left of the screen over a black background, and then displays a bunch of multicolored static. This then requires me to shut down the system to get back to what I was doing.

The system specs are:
-Dell M1210
-Intel Core2Duo T2500 (32-bit)
-Nvidia Gefore Go 7400
-4Gb of memory
-250gb hard drive

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tealequation25

Re: Video Problems in Standby w/ Open Source Driver and Nvid

Post by tealequation25 »

I've now updated to the Nvidia drivers from the repo. The problem still persists. Just not instead of the entire screen becoming filled with static, it is just a small area, and a working more courser. However it still prevents you from logging in, forcing you to reset.
tealequation25

Re: Video Problems in Standby w/ Open Source Driver and Nvid

Post by tealequation25 »

UPDATE: I've now updated to the most recent drivers, are the repo you have to look for the nvidia-current drivers, and ignore the other ones.

Return to “Hardware Support”