special characters login screen problem with NEW keyboard

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

special characters login screen problem with NEW keyboard

Postby phelest on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:15 pm

I currently have 5 different OS at my 3 HDDs in my HW, and did change my wireless Logitech Keyboard from S520 to K520. Booting up and choosing an OS is no problem, passing the login screen is also no problem in EACH OS which is NOT LM 13 Maya Mate:
When changing the keyboard it's necessary to use the OLD keyboard once (but in my case for EACH OS), and having passed the login (with the OLD keyboard), the NEW HW has been detected and can immediately be used (forever). = This is the same for EACH OS which is NOT LM 13 Maya Mate !
LM 13 Maya Mate 64-bit is the ONLY OS which (forever!!) does not take the NEW keyboard (driver?) for the login screen (only there !) after booting up, while all other OS (Windows XP, Fedora 8, Ubuntu 7.10 and 10.04.4 ) do: Once the login was passed using the OLD keyboard the NEW keyboard can only be used until to the next login into LM 13 Maya Mate - then the special characters don't work any more :cry: !
Is there any trick :idea: to do to let LM take the NEW keyboard immediately AND FOREVER ?
Regards & many thanks for each hint !
phelest
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Hardware Support