[Nadia] Mic Sound everywhere except for Mic

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fr33Tux

[Nadia] Mic Sound everywhere except for Mic

Post by Fr33Tux »

Hello,

My Mic isn't working with Nadia, x64, all updates installed.
Actually, it's quite strange : my microhpone doesn't record anything, but i can hear parasites when I test them with a skype discussion. There's only parasites, but no voices or or sounds.

In the sound configuration, I've the following settings :

(if the picture is too large, you can see it here : http://up2sha.re/file?f=aqs0mkAUahnI ).

The menu "Connector" let me choose between two options : "Microhpone" or "Internal Microphone". The result is the same if I use the first or the second : only parasites, no "real" sound.

I tried to record with VLC, but I get the message :

Code: Select all

Vlc can't open "alsa://hw:0,0" [...] 
The alsamixer command returns that my card is "HDA Intel PCH" and the chipset : "Realtek ALC663".

If I believein this page of Ubuntu' FAQ, the chipset is supported :

Code: Select all

fr33tux@fr33tux-N76VZ ~ $ grep "Codec:" /proc/asound/card*/codec*
Codec: Realtek ALC663
My kernel is 3.5.0-17-generic , the computer model is Asus N76VZ.

So.. why I've sound in speakers and headphones, but not with my microhpone ? I'm quite desesperate.. Thanks a lot for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
slekkas

Re: [Nadia] Mic Sound everywhere except for Mic

Post by slekkas »

I have the same problem,

Where you able to fix it?
Fr33Tux

Re: [Nadia] Mic Sound everywhere except for Mic

Post by Fr33Tux »

Hello,

It was probably due to a bad connection after a motherboard switch by the after sales-service. I've resent it, so when it gets back, I tell you more.

Return to “Hardware Support”