Mouse Pointer jumps into input field

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
matse

Mouse Pointer jumps into input field

Post by matse »

Hello,

I have the problem, that when moving the mouse pointer over a input field in firefox browser, the mouse pointer suddenly jumps into the field and when moving the pointer over the field suddenly jumps out of the field again. I have Linux Mint 14 installed. The "Jumping" happens not only with the USB mouse but also with the touchpad.

First I thought that the optical mouse was maybe situated on a dirty pad but the "Jumping" only happens exactly on the edge of a input field. Beside that the movement of the mouse pointer is working precisely.

Anyone knows what there could be the matter for that?

Matse
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: Mouse Pointer jumps into input field

Post by homerscousin »

Have you done the system updates since you installed Mint 14? I had a remotely similar problem after I did a clean install of Mint 14 KDE. I had small lines appearing in those input fields. Sorta similar. I did all system updates, all 300 of them, level 1-3, and it went away. Couldn't begin to tell you why it worked.
matse

Re: Mouse Pointer jumps into input field

Post by matse »

Yes I did all the updates of all levels 1-3 regualarly. This phenomenon suddenly appeared. Don't know how to fix that.

Return to “Hardware Support”