a few things about mice, keyboards, and video cards

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

a few things about mice, keyboards, and video cards

Postby mrtim13x on Tue May 27, 2008 6:26 pm

a few little things:
1) my computer have a nice new video card, an ATI HD 2600XT, in the wiki it says (under hardware, Large monitors HDTV Cards for HDCP) it works, but i dont really under stand, is this saying yes it works? i think so.
1.1) i am running LM 4.0 do i need to update something for my video card to work? is than an update that i can download, or do i have to wait for LM5 (i know my card works with Ubuntu 8.04, so does LM need to be updated)

2) is there any application that will enable my Logitech Media Play mouse's media buttons to work?

3) is there any application that will enable my Dell Media keyboard's media buttons, and volume control knob to fully function?
(under keyboard settings this keyboard is an option, but i cant get any of the media, or explorer buttons to work, unless i make them keyboard shortcuts)

thanks for any answers
"time is momentary" - ME

Dell E510, 4 GB DDR2 PC5300 RAM, 1147 GB HDD , Intel Celeron D 2.8 GHz CPU, ATI HD 2600XT 512 MB. LM 4.0, and Win XP Media Center Edition 2005
mrtim13x
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: a few things about mice, keyboards, and video cards

Postby rivenought on Tue May 27, 2008 6:32 pm

As for the keyboards, there was an application called KeyTouch that might still be in Synaptic. I have not used it, but I have heard it mentioned. You may wish to research that to see if it might be useful for your multimedia keyboard buttons.

As for the ATI card, if the Live CD works, and then the clean install works, that might give you your answer. ATI can sometimes work great, but sometimes they do not. You may need to actually verify for yourself. Good luck!
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Re: a few things about mice, keyboards, and video cards

Postby mrtim13x on Tue May 27, 2008 7:13 pm

question
1) Solved-ish: i think that i will get the HD 2600XT working, when the new release comes out, it does not work with any linux OS older than the year, not even live CD's. so i will wait for LM 5 to come out. SOLVED'ish-but f anybody knows of something...tell me please.

2) i cant find any thing that will help me with the mouse, but i really do want to be able to use it. Still NO answer-UNSOLVED

3) i looked at that app and though my keyboard is not supported, it does not look to hard to get the Media Keyboard up and working. something i can do. fairly SOLVED
"time is momentary" - ME

Dell E510, 4 GB DDR2 PC5300 RAM, 1147 GB HDD , Intel Celeron D 2.8 GHz CPU, ATI HD 2600XT 512 MB. LM 4.0, and Win XP Media Center Edition 2005
mrtim13x
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support