Linux Mint - wide screen monitors

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wpshooter
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint - wide screen monitors

Post by wpshooter »

Are there any problems with Linux Mint working properly with WIDE view monitors ?

The reason I ask is because a couple of years back when I was trying to get another version of Linux to work with a wide screen monitor, it would not display correctly on a wide screen, when I tried a normal (I think it is 4/3 ratio) monitor it worked fine.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.3 Mate.

SERVICE > competition
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Linux Mint - wide screen monitors

Post by dagon »

wpshooter wrote:The reason I ask is because a couple of years back when I was trying to get another version of Linux to work with a wide screen monitor, it would not display correctly on a wide screen, when I tried a normal (I think it is 4/3 ratio) monitor it worked fine.
Just try one of the latest editions and I'm pretty sure it'll work just fine. 8)
http://www.linuxmint.com/release.php?id=19
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

wpshooter wrote:Are there any problems with Linux Mint working properly with WIDE view monitors
Generally, no. I have two wide screen monitors hooked up and they work perfectly.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

1920 x 1080 works fine for me. Mint 13 and 14. All programs, all videos. If you are talking ultrawide 2560 x 1080, I don't know. That res is not listed in my system settings.

Return to “Hardware Support”