lexmark 2300

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ti479
Level 1
Level 1

lexmark 2300

Post by ti479 »

does anyone know of a workaround or a script for making a lexmark x2350 work under linux?

any help is appreciated.

scott
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: lexmark 2300

Post by Husse »

Check this
http://openprinting.org/test/printer_li ... ke=Lexmark
Classified as paperweight, so your chances are slim
or even slimmer
http://forums.linux-foundation.org/read.php?29,445
ti479
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ti479 »

Husse,

thanks for the info, i understand the virtual concept but after reading the workaround is using linux as the host O.S and windows as the guest O.S in virtual box a viable workaround? my understanding is that you can print but not scan, which is acceptable to me but are files created in linux transferable to the guest O.S? if so how would i do that? i have had some(little) exoerience with VMware in windows and dont recall being able to switch files from one O.S to another.
Husse

Post by Husse »

A virtual machine or wine may be a solution - as always you can't tell before you try
I don't really understand the part about transferring files....
ti479
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ti479 »

i was talking about moving files or pictures that i create in mint to the guest windows O.S to be printed. kinda seems like it might be alot of trouble to just get the printer working. i did try to use wine and run the setup files from the installation cd but it didnt work, ill try again and post the error code i am getting.

my apologizes, i just saw the wireless thread i started was locked. i meant no harm or advocate anything illegal...........again my apologies to you and the forum.

scott
Husse

Post by Husse »

Apology accepted - but I can still see no legit use for aircrack
You may enlighten me
ti479
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ti479 »

just wanted to test the security of my system, but i guess that i could do that other ways so i am not sure what the legitimate uses would be really. best not mess with it i think.
Husse

Post by Husse »

WEP is cracked about as fast as you can say WEP
WPA can be cracked, but it'll take a while
With aircrack....
olduser
Level 1
Level 1

Post by olduser »

Can't help with aircrack n stuff but moving files from host to guest is explained in Workstation User's Manual Chapter7/Using shared folders. page 173 :!: If you hav'nt got the manual download it from the VMware home site its a PDF :lol:

Olduser
P.S page172 has using copy & past
piratesmack

Post by piratesmack »

yeah, I have the same printer. The only way I've been able to get it to work is by running XP in virtualbox.

It works pretty well that way, I can print and scan and everything. And files can be transfered between host and guest by using a shared folder

Return to “Hardware Support”