Elyssa CPU hog!!

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tony Schulte

Elyssa CPU hog!!

Post by Tony Schulte »

Hi everybody... Im having a bit of an issue with elyssa... After having instaled with the promise of a "snappier" system compared to daryana... I have found quite the opposite... The system is very sluggish and slllloooooooowwwww, It seems to be extra high CPU usage, but in [system monitor], the cpu usages of the individual apps don't add up to the 100% or so of cpu usage reported in the graph display.

Whats going on? anything I should check?

-Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: Elyssa CPU hog!!

Post by rivenought »

It is possible that more visual effects were enabled by default in Mint 5 versus Mint 4. If that is your case, you may wish to verify your settings. Perhaps it is a quick and easy fix.
Tony Schulte

Post by Tony Schulte »

This was a fresh install...
INterestingly enough, this exact same machine was able to run the "extra" visual effects in daryana very easily... but now, with the odd CPU behavior (I suspect) Elyssa draggs along with hercky-jercky wobbly windows and cube etc. Applications take longer than before to load as well...
Tony Schulte

Post by Tony Schulte »

How can I verify/ fix this?

Return to “Hardware Support”