HP G62 laptop with hybrid graphics

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

HP G62 laptop with hybrid graphics

Postby lobbo on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Hy,

I have a HP G62 laptop with hybrid graphics, Intel and ATI HD 5xxx series. When I want to install Mint 1.5 I boot from the dvd but my screen stays black.RESET! I hit "every key" before boot, I have the boot menu, I select boot from local hdd, and then run in compatibility mode. I know it's a video card problem, I've tryed lots of solutions from the forum but none didn't work. I'm a noob on Linux, I have an older HP with Mint 1.5, and from all the other distros I like best Mint. I've tryed Ubuntu 13.4 on this machine, but I could only install it after I installed a Ubuntu boot helper in win 7, to hep me boot. Live cd didn't work (graphics card problem I guess...). After the Ubuntu install, same problem, black screen. Pls help, I want t quit windows, I play Football Mabager 2013 and Civiization 5 via Steam on win. I want too switch to Linux. On my other laptop I love Mint, for office and media playing and It's very friendly for noobs.
Thanks and I hope this isn't a double post!
Football Manager 2014 will run on Linux, and for Civilization 5 is allready for Linux and also sorry for my Engish but I'm not native :D
lobbo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Hardware Support