Mass Storage Controller

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mass Storage Controller

Postby waellerbe on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:50 am

Hello Everyone,

If you happen to experience a problem regarding a "Mass Storage Controller" with your Windows Vista as a "Guest Operating System" under VMware Server, I think that I may have an answer for you. I have a Compaq Presario V2630US laptop with the AMD Turion64 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 160GB PATA internal hard drive from Seagate, and the ATI Radeon XPress 200M graphics card. Since I ran into some problems getting Vista (under VMware Server) to recognize my USB device, I decided to install Windows Vista Business Edition on a separate partition on my hard drive.

After a couple of restarts and browsing a couple of forums online, I found a solution that worked for me. I learned from another user that the "Mass Storage Controller" referred to a "flash memory card reader module." As time allows, please feel free to read through the sample message on the forum that I read, to learn about the solution that I came up with ....

Forum Source: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=801448&SiteID=17

Sample Quote:
==========================================
"Nick,

I had the same problem although with a Toshiba Tecra M7. I figured out it was the flash memory card reader module that was identified as "Mass Storage Controller".

ps. The same goes for RC2.

Hope it helps,

Joeri
"
==========================================
End of quote

Going forward, I went to the website for my laptop (URL listed below), and I downloaded the Texas Instruments Media Card Driver, and this fixed the problem. To be more specific the exact name of the file that I installed is called "sp33706." Through this experience folks, I can't help but give appreciate for the blessing that forums can provide. Here it is July of 2008, and a post from 2006 provided me with the answer that I needed. YES I love technology, and I don't think that's gonna change any time soon. Take care and make it a great day.

HP Drivers Online: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=1838816
waellerbe
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mass Storage Controller

Postby Husse on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 am

Is this a major problem?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Hardware Support