Mass Storage Controller

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Mass Storage Controller

Postby waellerbe on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:50 am

Hello Everyone,

If you happen to experience a problem regarding a "Mass Storage Controller" with your Windows Vista as a "Guest Operating System" under VMware Server, I think that I may have an answer for you. I have a Compaq Presario V2630US laptop with the AMD Turion64 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 160GB PATA internal hard drive from Seagate, and the ATI Radeon XPress 200M graphics card. Since I ran into some problems getting Vista (under VMware Server) to recognize my USB device, I decided to install Windows Vista Business Edition on a separate partition on my hard drive.

After a couple of restarts and browsing a couple of forums online, I found a solution that worked for me. I learned from another user that the "Mass Storage Controller" referred to a "flash memory card reader module." As time allows, please feel free to read through the sample message on the forum that I read, to learn about the solution that I came up with ....

Forum Source:

Sample Quote:

I had the same problem although with a Toshiba Tecra M7. I figured out it was the flash memory card reader module that was identified as "Mass Storage Controller".

ps. The same goes for RC2.

Hope it helps,

End of quote

Going forward, I went to the website for my laptop (URL listed below), and I downloaded the Texas Instruments Media Card Driver, and this fixed the problem. To be more specific the exact name of the file that I installed is called "sp33706." Through this experience folks, I can't help but give appreciate for the blessing that forums can provide. Here it is July of 2008, and a post from 2006 provided me with the answer that I needed. YES I love technology, and I don't think that's gonna change any time soon. Take care and make it a great day.

HP Drivers Online:
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mass Storage Controller

Postby Husse on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 am

Is this a major problem?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Level 23
Level 23

Return to Hardware Support