New install video help for dummies

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

New install video help for dummies

Postby darkkblack on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Is there a link to a "dependable quide" for dummies for all the terminal commands needed to setup the AMD/ATI Proprietary Driver? I know this gets asked a lot and a lot of linux users go through this process to setup their hardware for gaming. I dont know why the fix doesnt come with the distros. Non-free or not ATI people dont have a source free solution as of yet.

Also can I have a link to a guide to install flashplayer for mozilla/chromium please?

I have been at this for 2 weeks now trying to get a distro that will run on my hardware, and then trying to figure out how to manage Linux with all its terminal commands, repositories, libraries, kernel header files. At this moment I would be really greatful to just have 3D acceleration and flashplayer running.
darkkblack
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: New install video help for dummies

Postby Habitual on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:01 pm

My DorkBlog
Cirrhus9.com - Managed HA VDSs and Scalable grid solutions.
Habitual
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New install video help for dummies

Postby darkkblack on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:14 pm

E: Unable to locate package dh-modaliases

the first line of code for the terminal to install "unable to locate package"

I did some googling and found that the package dh-modaliases is for an Ubuntu repostitory. Still dont know if it is safe to add those to my synaptic package manager and use. So I am going to wait for a reply before I go ahead and add the repositories.
darkkblack
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Hardware Support