Printing doesn't work correctly

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Printing doesn't work correctly

Post by hoppel »

Hi,

when I'm trying to print, it sometimes works, but very often it only prints half a page, or cuts it on top. Mostly it only prints one page (of two, for instance). For a moment I suspected a broken cable to be the reason, but it looks strange that apart from printing only half pages (sometimes) the printing looks pretty fine.
It so happened after a new installation of Mint, so I'm curious whether there might be a software reason...

I use a HP Laserjet 1100 on the parallel port. Is there a way to check the connection by software?

Meanwhile I've checked printing using the livecd - that way it worked.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Printing doesn't work correctly

Post by hoppel »

Nobody knows anything?
As I'm not very experienced with Linux I'm really stuck. The problem didn't occur with Darynna, and as it works with the livecd, I wonder whether the problem lies in one of the updates I installed via Synaptic. Can anyone tell me the specific version number of CUPS, which belongs to the original release? Maybe I can get it back to work by downgrading some parts of my software...

Return to “Hardware Support”