VMWare Workstation Mouse Driver Problem *SOLVED*

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lger
Level 1
Level 1

VMWare Workstation Mouse Driver Problem *SOLVED*

Post by lger »

Are any of you running Mint as a workstation guest? Mouse works fine but the scroll wheel is not functioning. Here is the mouse section of my xorg.conf file:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "vmmouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

I am using a Microsoft "Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A USB and PS2 Compatible" Mouse. This mouse has left, right, and clickable middle scroll wheel buttons. Any help would be much appreciated. BTW.. I am running Elyssa with r1 downloaded and installed yesterday.

Thanx... Leon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lger
Level 1
Level 1

Re: VMWare Workstation Mouse Driver Problem *SOLVED*

Post by lger »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did find a fix for this.... anyway it seems to be working on my machine so far. This fix was for Ubuntu Hardy on VMware Fusion but thought I'd give it a try anyway. Here's the link - http://peterc.org/2008/64-how-to-enable ... usion.html. Basically what it says - link may break - is to delete the mouse section in xorg.conf and replace it with this:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "vmmouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
Option "Buttons" "5"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Hope that this helps someone else down the road. Seems like there are quite a few people having this problem but responses to their questions were hard to find.

Leon

Return to “Hardware Support”