[SOLVED] Prob. beaming files via Bluetooth frm WM6 to Laptop

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GuttaMan

[SOLVED] Prob. beaming files via Bluetooth frm WM6 to Laptop

Post by GuttaMan »

I got this issue where I can't transfer files via Bluetooth from my Windows Mobile 6 phone to my Elyssa Laptop. I can successfully transfer files from the Laptop to the Phone however, as well as being able to transfer to/from phone successfully previously with Daryna.

At first I thought it was a problem with my phone, so after soft-resetting, then hard-resetting my phone while tweaking with the Bluetooth setup on the phone, I still had the same problem. So I started looking at the computer; after re-doing the Bluetooth setup and installing Blueman, still no-haps. So, I decided to see if I would be able to beam files from my phone to a Windows XP installation, I was successful. I tried it again by using this Hardy LiveCD I have, and was also successful. I tried one more time with my Daryna LiveCD just to be sure, and was successful again.

So it seems it may be an Elyssa related problem for me. Greatly appreciate any help on this. Thanks

GM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Problems beaming files via Bluetooth frm WM6 Phone to Laptop

Post by Husse »

I'm definitely not into bluetooth, may have to get me a dongle
This seems to be a permissions problem - any error messages?
Can you run through the terminal so you can catch errors not shown otherwise
GuttaMan

Re: Problems beaming files via Bluetooth frm WM6 Phone to Laptop

Post by GuttaMan »

Thank Husse. I figured out what the problem was though...while I was looking at a Bluetooth search thru Synaptic, I found the "Bluetooth File Sharing" package. I installed it, ran it, and then incoming transfers from Bluetooth started working like a charm. So it looks like you can't receive transfers from Bluetooth unless the Bluetooth File Sharing program is running,
Husse

Re: [SOLVED] Prob. beaming files via Bluetooth frm WM6 to Laptop

Post by Husse »

OK and blutooth keyboards seems to have the opposite problem sometimes - they are caught in some obex error
Just so you know :)

Return to “Hardware Support”