X61 Tablet PC Pen Support

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

X61 Tablet PC Pen Support

Postby Trekk69 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Hey,
So I have just transferred over to Linux Mint 5, and was hoping I could still "Ink" on my powerpoint slides etc.
So first question: Where can I find the drivers for pen support (and the other Lenovo buttons)
2.) Is there an equivalent program to Onenote? That I can use.

Thanks again
Trekk69
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: X61 Tablet PC Pen Support

Postby Husse on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:46 am

Well according to what I read the buttons just works
Onenote is a bit worse - I see Tomboy mentioned as a partial replacement - google onenote linux to see some suggestions
Please clarify "drivers for pen support"
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby Guest on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 am

Well I assumed that when I was running with Vista my Lenovo drivers for pen support were loaded as well (if there were any). But having linux on, there does not seem to recognize any pen support, so I don't know if I have to (and if so where) I need to go to download linux drivers for the pen to work.

Postby Guest on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:11 am

The drivers for pen support should be loaded. All you will need to do edityour xorg.conf file.

If you go to the Linux Wacom Project website at http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/ and scroll down to Tablet PC all the information is there. Another good site is http://luke.no-ip.org/x60tablet/#input. This site has information for the x60 tablet but most should also apply to the x61.

I have an x60 tablet and all I had to do was alter my xorg.conf to the recognize the tablet and the pen is functional.

Two great pen programs are xournal and cellwriter

Eric

Return to Hardware Support