Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop Fan

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kwisher

Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop Fan

Post by kwisher »

Hello All,

I have just installed Mint-5 Gnome onto a relatives laptop. Everything seems to be working great except it seems the internal fan is running overly fast and does not change speeds even when sitting idle. Does anyone know of a solution for this problem?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ralphnaderchop
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop Fan

Post by Ralphnaderchop »

I have a Compaq 2100(well its a 2175 according to the tag on the bottom). I had not tried Mint Elyssa, but with Daryna I did not have that problem. Did it run full blast while on the live-CD? Are you dual booting, or is it Elyssa only.
kwisher

Re: Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop Fan

Post by kwisher »

Ralphnaderchop wrote:I have a Compaq 2100(well its a 2175 according to the tag on the bottom). I had not tried Mint Elyssa, but with Daryna I did not have that problem. Did it run full blast while on the live-CD? Are you dual booting, or is it Elyssa only.
Yes, I do believe it ran for a period of time on "full blast" during the install. No dual boot, just Mint. I could give Daryna a try if there are no solutions.

Return to “Hardware Support”