Acer Aspire One

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Re: Acer Aspire One

Postby asphixmx on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 am

@AAO Newbie:
I used a windows drivers for the wireless. It worked perfectly. Your post is old, so I dont know if you already fix the problem. If not, tell me and I upload the driver to rapidshare and give you the url to download, or give me your email and I will sent the driver to you.
asphixmx
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby polkadotteapot on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Hello,

I really need to know how to get the internet working simply! I have Felicia 6 and an Acer Aspore One 120gb,...

Please post your success story.

Thank you.
polkadotteapot
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Pierre 403 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 pm

I found a page that fixed my problem... Hope it helps

http://netbook-experience.com/2010/02/h ... spire-one/
Pierre 403
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jvd_vetrad on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Running Helena with great success on original AOA 110 configuration - until today only serious outstanding issue was lack of recognition of E220 dongle but I think I have cracked that problem - see my other post E220 SOLUTION. I am very pleased with Mint on my much favoured Aspire One!!

I ran Helena from a USB and when that was loaded installed to hard drive from the desktop. No hiccups at all.
jvd_vetrad
Level 1
Level 1

Postby MikeWS on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Hello All,
I am new to this forum but have had an Aspire One since shortly after their introduction.
I have spent rather too much time putting stuff back in to Linpus Lite that they and Acer had decided in their wisdom to remove. Thanks to the Aspire One user forum I managed to reinstate Bluetooth - to run a GPS BT receiver' - and video-for-linux (v4l) to run a WinTV TDT USB stick - successful but broke the webcam.
As a dabbler in music recording I also wanted to bring my Tascam US-428 and M-Audio Oxygen MIDI keyboard/controller to the party. Here Acer surpassed themselves by metaphorically eviscerating ALSA removing all the drivers etc. that were deemed unnecessary to the functioning of the onboard sound chip.
To cut a very long story short, installing missing drivers, trying different distros - full Fedora + CCRMA real time kernel, Dyne-a-bolic, Ubuntu Studio - all proved unsatisfactory then, following a thread on the One forum eulogizing Mint, I decided to try it in its Fluxbox form.
Result: Brilliant. What took me about 6 months to achieve, or fail to, previously took 6 days to do on Mint including the Tascam being recognized and almost completely initialized (us428control is not run automatically but that is for another thread) on being plugged in.
There are still some latency issues - rt kernel experiments here we come - but my little netbook is now viable as a pocket music studio.
Thank you all at Linux Mint.

Mike
Acer Aspire One 8GB SSD running latest Linux Mint Fluxbox CE.
New to Mint but not to Linux.
MikeWS
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Hardware Support