Audigy 2 ZS

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Audigy 2 ZS

Postby SuicidalLoveNote on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 pm

so i have searched trough this forum, and i know this is somewhat of a frequent topic. But I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS on my computer, and this is my second time with Linux Mint 5. The first time I got it to work for the most part. It just didn't work, maybe every 3rd or 4th boot. But there was no internet audio at all. Now when I go to Multimedia Systems Selector in Control Center, once i change the plugins to ALSA, my card isn't even listed. Although when I open Terminal and type in "alsamixer" it will sometimes recognize it, other times it will choose Intel ICH6. How do I change this, and how do I get audio to work.
SuicidalLoveNote
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Audigy 2 ZS

Postby Zeeone on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Step 1. Go to the ALSA web site and check if the sound card is supported, if it is then copy down the drivers name.

Step two. Open the file system, open lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/ modules.pcimap and see if the driver is listed. If not look in lib/modules/2.6.22-15-generic/modules.pcimap. If the driver is listed in one of these files then....

Step three. Log in as root, open etc/modules file, enter the named ALSA driver and re-start the machine.

If the driver is not listed at the ALSA web site, check the OSS web site and if it listed there, then down load the OSS system in. :D
Zeeone
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Audigy 2 ZS

Postby YoungShaka on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 pm

I have the same problem as SuicidalLoveNote. Can't figure out what is wrong.
YoungShaka

Return to Hardware Support