Memorycard reader stopped working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RaGoe

Memorycard reader stopped working

Post by RaGoe »

Hello,

I am a happy Linux Mint user on my Vaio TX5 laptop ever since Cassandra. The nice thing about Mint is that the memorycard reader works out of the box. so i could access my Sony Memorysticks normaly. Even in Daryna it went great.

I recently gave Elyssa a try but since it made life of my wifi (IPW3945) a bit harder i decided to go back to Daryna and ever since, i can no longer mount memorysticks.
I find this very odd and i can't figure out what the problem can be.
Does anyone have a similar experience or any guidance on how to fix?

Thank you
Raf aka RaGoe
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Memorycard reader stopped working

Post by Husse »

It's a well known fact that Windows can do things to the firmware of different gadgets that Linux don't know how
This is why sometimes your wifi works if you boot into Windows before you boot into Linux
This looks similar in the description, only I don't think this is the case between Elyssa and Daryna
To be sure could you use the reader under Elyssa?
If so could you reinstall Elyssa and solve the Intel wifi?
I know there is some kind of solution in the forum, but I'll wait to look it up
RaGoe

Re: Memorycard reader stopped working

Post by RaGoe »

The funny thing is that it worked in Daryna before.
When i put in a memorycard under Elysa, (LiveCD) it gets detected according to dmesg but it doesn't get auto mounted.
Kind regards,
Raf / RaGoe

Return to “Hardware Support”