Unusual question..

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Unusual question..

Postby Nante on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:48 pm

I was wondering about cell phones, my blackberry is basically plug and play, I hook up the usb and drag the ringtones, pics, etc back and forth with no problem, my girlfriends motorola razr on the other hand refuses to mesh with linux at all, no matter what I have tried (and I have systematically tried every solution I could find on google). We are about to renew our cell plan and get new phones, I am keeping the crackberry but the girl wants a phone that will just work with linux, she is looking at the Sony Ericsson W350 at the moment, does anyone know if it plays nice with linux if not what would you recommend? I use mint 4.0 on my desktop and 5.0 on my lappy, she uses ubuntu 8.04 on her laptop by the way if that makes a difference. thanks in advance.
Nante
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Unusual question..

Postby Acid_1 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:27 am

ummm, I don't know. I know my old razr wouldn't work with Linux, even when trying motophonetools in Wine. MPT doesn't play nice. As well, I now have a chocolate, and it also doesn't work under Linux. But I have heard of a couple of models of the chocolate working, if you do some googleing. They're on the Ubuntu forums.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Unusual question..

Postby 900i on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:57 am

On my laptop I can drag and drop files to my Nokia E51, ringtones, videos, music and photo's. Also documents, pdf's and spreadsheets. But my previous Samsung was a non-starter. Hope to be of some help.
Intel i7 3770 LMDE Mate 64
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Hardware Support