Docking station not working , not recognised ?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SkyBane

Docking station not working , not recognised ?

Post by SkyBane »

Hello , I hope someone can help me please and yes I'm still basicly a newb .

I bought a new docking station so I could transfer all my movies , music and , pics to an external hdd and then I need update to mint 17 .
It's a Unitek Y-3023 usb3.0 dual sata hdd docking station .
I'm using two new Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDDs .
I'm running mint 15 62 bit cinnimon .
My hardware is -
ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 with a AMD A 10 5800K APU and a Western Digital 300gb VelociRaptor .

When I follow the almost non existant directions , my computer does not do anything ( nothing happens ) no acknowledgment that there is a docking station or a hd in it . The only sign it exists is in GSmart it comes up as " Unknown Model " and when you click on it and then click " Device " and then click " View Details " it says " No additional information is available for this drive. "
I know the usb 3 port works great so it's not the problem .
I had my friend take the docking station and check if it worked on his linux comp , and it worked fine .

Or somebody could help me with transferring my stuff from one internal hard drive to another internal hard drive . That would also work for me . I could then upgrade from mint 15 to mint 17 . I have installed one of the new Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDDs in the comp . I got as far as turning on smart in GSmart Control . I can't figure out how to transfer files from my WD 300gb VelociRaptor to the Seagate drive .
Every linux video and thread I've looked at says things I don't understand or can't find in my mint !
Like go to menu then " computer " but , there is no "computer" in mint menu . Or use NEMO to Initialize and mount the drive ?

I'm completely lost now ! Can anybody please help ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SkyBane

Re: Docking station not working , not recognised ?

Post by SkyBane »

Somebody please help !

Return to “Hardware Support”