Shearing of video on Sony T Series Ultrabook

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sparkleshoes

Shearing of video on Sony T Series Ultrabook

Post by sparkleshoes »

Hi All!,

I'm running Linux Mint 19 on the Ultrabook mentioned below which has 4GB RAM and Intel Integrated 3 generation graphics card. The processor is dual core i3 1.8GHz approx.

I'm getting a shearing effect on video playback in vlc on video taken on my moto G mobile phone at 720p. The shearing does not appear to be in the original when viewed on my phone. I wondered if my graphics card is properly configure and what others think. I do have a 2nd monitor attached but still get the effect with it disconnnected.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SVT1312C4E ... B00A1K9CYE

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sparkleshoes

Re: Shearing of video on Sony T Series Ultrabook

Post by sparkleshoes »

tear might be the techincal term . but simply i'm seeing two frames at conce
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

What desktop environment are you using?

In Xfce, the compositor causes video tearing, which is fixed simply by disabling compositing. You could try disabling it too.
sparkleshoes

Post by sparkleshoes »

thanks very much for your response. I have been using xfce when I first noticed the problem. I swiched to mate and it improved but was still there a little. Since gone back to xfce to try what you suggest. I have created a desktop shortcut for enable disable command. I'll give it a go. You might just have solved my problem :)
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

Did it solve the problem in the end?

Return to “Hardware Support”